Commercial Real Estate law is multifaceted and oftentimes unclear. You need an experienced and knowledgeable law firm that knows the Charleston market and how to deal with matters of commercial real estate. The attorneys with Butler & College, LLC have the experience and ability to take care of most commercial real estate issues including:
Commercial Financing and Transactions
A commercial real estate transaction can be a minefield. Local, state and federal laws may come into play, along with complex contractual terms and the need to provide for multiple possible contingencies. The purchase and sale of commercial real estate is a complex arena even in the most straightforward of situations.
Not every law firm is equally qualified to manage the complexities of this type of transaction. And the law firms in the Lowcountry that are qualified often operate slowly and inefficiently, charge high fees, and are not always available to address client concerns. However, when you work with us, you can leave the legalities in our hands and rest assured that we will put our experience in this arena to work to achieve the best possible outcome for you. We operate efficiently, use the latest software and equipment, and are always available to address any concern you may have.
- $8,400,000 Refinance of large planned unit development in downtown Charleston.
- $1,700,000 Acquisition of Medical Office Space in Mount Pleasant
- Negotiated foreclosure settlement and payoff and handled loan from small private bank to refinance large commercial property located in West Ashley.
We also draft and negotiate Loan Agreements, Mortgages, Deeds of Trust, Assignments, Guarantees, Promissory Notes and other ancillary loan documents.
Commercial real estate leases, like contracts, can be copied from an existing lease or generated from a template on the Internet–often to disastrous results. The general perception that commercial leases are basically the same and do not need to be created specifically for your transaction is errant and dangerous.
The best way to ensure that your interests are fully protected is to have your commercial real estate lease prepared by an attorney who is experienced in the preparation of such leases and is very familiar with the specifics of the property in question and your plans.
From drafting and negotiating commercial space and ground leases, to representing tenants in existing commercial lease agreements, B&C Commercial has the capability to keep your retail, office or industrial project moving forward.
- Represented Owner/Landlord in drafting, negotiating, and executing Workforce Housing Agreement with the City of Charleston for a large mixed-used, multi-family development downtown.
- Represented Landlord in negotiating lease for new restaurant in upcoming downtown Charleston mixed-use development.
- Represented Tenants in the negotiation of lease amendments and extensions for Mount Pleasant sushi restaurant
- Represent Tenant in commercial lease dispute with Landlord involving a restaurant in downtown Charleston
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial real estate sales contracts
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial leases
- Representation of residential and commercial developers
As an “Attorney State,” South Carolina requires all disbursements at the closing of real estate transactions be supervised by an attorney licensed in the State of South Carolina.
As agents for Chicago Title Insurance Company and Old Republic Title, our practice includes issuing title insurance policies for these and other nationally-known title companies.