DISCLOSURE REGARDING LEGAL SERVICES
Congratulations on your upcoming real estate transaction! We are pleased you have selected our firm for your real estate needs. Below please find our disclosures regarding legal services and multi-party representation. Please review these disclosures at your earliest convenience and sign and return them via fax or email to the real estate paralegal assigned to your file. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.
In connection with your upcoming sale of real estate, you are hereby advised that the services rendered by the law offices of BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC, acting as your attorney in this transaction, shall include the following:
1. Review of the Contract for Sale of Real Estate, including any accompanying addendums, extensions, and additional related agreements, if any, to ascertain that all contractual terms are addressed.
2. Preparation of all requisite documentation to be signed by the Seller(s) to complete the transaction, to include: the General/Limited Warranty Deed, affidavits of ownership, affidavits of citizenship and residency, applicable tax forms, disbursement authorizations and any other related documents that may arise, or be required, during the transaction. ***Please Note: The preparation, contents, and legal descriptions of the Warranty Deed are based solely on the current deed of record recorded with the County Register of Deeds Office. The law offices of BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC will NOT perform a title search when representing only the Seller(s) in a real estate transaction. The Closing Attorney, i.e. the attorney representing the Buyer(s), is responsible for the title search and BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC will rely on their review of the title search for the actual and final legal description.
3. Coordination of the receipt of any termite reports, bonds or guarantees, homeowner association requirements and fees for the transfer of property and any invoices concerning property repair, if applicable.
4. Coordination and scheduling of the closing date, time and location with all parties related to the transaction to include: Realtor(s), Seller(s), Buyer(s), Lender(s) and other law offices, if applicable.
5. Transmittal of all complete and original documentation to the Closing Attorney, if different from BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC and to the Seller(s) for their records.
6. BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC will request any payoffs for the sale of the property, based on the information provided by the Seller(s) and Lender(s). Any discrepancies of payoffs are the responsibility of the Seller(s). It is the responsibility of the Seller(s) to provide all necessary information for BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC to obtain any payoffs. Seller(s) hereby agrees to cooperate with BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC to resolve any issues or discrepancies that may arise after closing pertaining to said payoffs.
7. BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC will request all Homeowner’s Association documentation and applicable fee information with the information provided by the Seller(s). Any discrepancies in the documentation or fee information provided by the Homeowner’s Association are the sole responsibility of the Seller(s). Seller(s) hereby agrees to cooperate with BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC to resolve any issues or discrepancies that may arise after closing pertaining to said documentation and fees.
8. BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC relies solely on the contract for all information regarding the Home Warranty (if applicable) and CL-100/Termite Inspection (if applicable). BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC is not responsible for ordering the Home Warranty or the CL-100/Termite Inspection and BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC does not provide these services. BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC does not guarantee the work or services from the CL-100/Termite Inspection or the Home Warranty.
The above items are the legal services attributable to the representation of the Seller(s) for the sale of real estate, which shall be performed by the law offices of BUTLER & COLLEGE, LLC. Attorney fees will appear on the final settlement statement, but may be requested from our office at any time prior to closing. We thank you for the opportunity to represent you in this important transaction.
It is the policy of this firm to retain physical possession of the original of your file for a minimum of six (6) years, and after that time we will destroy your file on your behalf. We will retain the financial record of the transaction for a period of at least six (6) years. By execution hereof, you consent to the destruction of all documentation as set out above.
I/We acknowledge receipt of the within Disclosure Regarding Legal Services and Attorney Fees.